Dentures are oral appliances used by patients who have lost most or all of their teeth. They are removable prosthetics that look exactly like the natural teeth, thereby restoring both oral functionality and aesthetics. However, they do have certain negative factors such as poor-fitting, slipping off while talking, breaking or cracking on impact, discomfort, etc. These factors have brought up the need for a better way of restoring teeth, All-on-4.
All-on-4 involves the placement of 4 implants on the ridge of a jawbone. The denture-like teeth restorations would comfortably lie on these four implants, thereby providing superior anchorage, stability, functionality, and aesthetics. Dentists from all around the world widely recommend them as one of the best replacements for conventional dentures.
Why should you choose All-on-4?
- The procedure of placing the implants and ceramic crowns can be completed in as little as one visit to the dentist’s office.
- Restoring an entire dental arch would require the fitting of just four implants to the jawbone. This results in a reduced treatment period as well as the healing period.
- In most cases of All-on-4 surgeries, a bone graft would not be required.
- Since the teeth are mounted on the implants, they stay very stable and wouldn’t slip away, as in the case of dentures.
- You wouldn’t have to use denture adhesives while mounting the teeth.
- The prosthetic teeth feel very comfortable in your mouth, almost as good as the natural teeth.
- You can bite and chew food like you usually do without having to worry about the teeth breaking or getting displaced.
- Your face would naturally start to look much fuller, thereby improving the appearance of your smile as well.
Please schedule an appointment online or call us at (815) 744-7543 to have a consultation with Dr. Trushar, and we will be happy to help.